Sunday, May 16, 2010

Bolivia: water people of Andes face extinction


  • The Uru Chipaya, a Bolivian tribe, are warning that they face extinction through climate change
  • The people consider them “water peoples” and soon, they will have to live in the city like regular people
  • Bolivia has a shortage of all natural resources, they barely get any water throughout the whole country
  • The Uru Chipaya culture is almost completely lost because of this
Reflection:
This article made me a little sad when I read it. It is very unfortunate how the people in Bolivia are on the verge of extinction. This article made me realize how fortunate I am to have the resources I need to lead a long life. I would recommend this article to anyone that is interested in saving other countries and helping other people around the world.

"Bolivia: Water People of Andes Face Extinction | World News | The Guardian." Bolivia: Water People of Andes Face Extinction. 24 Apr. 2009. Web. 16 May 2010. http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/apr/24/andes-tribe-threat-bolivia-climate-change.

No comments:

Post a Comment